"We have been very encouraged by early results from our My Macy's district structure in capturing new sales opportunities in pilot markets over the past year. In fact, of the company's top 15 best-performing geographic markets in December, 13 were My Macy's pilot districts. We are moving quickly and decisively to expand this model to all of our markets so we can pursue sales-driving opportunities as we position ourselves to capture share in every local market."
Macy's Chairman and CEO
Vendor Challenges 2011
At the Macy's vendor meeting top suppliers were advised on three key initiatives:
• Align your organizations to match Macy's new districts and regions
• Invest your dollars in sell-thru at point-of-sale, not in sell-in
• Re-allocate your resources and invest in the field to drive sales
MCG Provides My Macy's Integration
• MCG is the leading service provider at Macy's for replenishment, in-store events, floor sets, demonstrations and dedicated vendor programs
• MCG has an experienced district manager geographically and procedurally aligned with each My Macy's region
• MCG provides a nationwide network of 3,500 experienced in-store merchandising professionals trained in "Macy's Store Visit Guidelines"
• MCG services the top 500 Macy's doors weekly or monthly and provides full coverage of all doors as needed
• MCG has in-store service personnel with classification expertise in Men's, RTW 1, RTW 2/Children's, Home, Center Core, Cosmetics and Fine Jewelry
• MCG leverages web-based technology to provide 24/7 "real-time" scheduling, reporting, imaging and analysis - customized to meet My Macy's objectives without lag time
• MCG service provides a demonstrable return on investment, representing increased sales and profits and lowered net costs to vendors